Hiring an outstaffing agency to hunt for top talents has been a popular solution for various companies and organizations. Unlike in-house hiring efforts, these agencies make the recruitment process faster, easier, and more cost-efficient.
However, the workers you’ll get are only as good as the recruitment expertise of the agency you choose. This is why businesses like yours should be meticulous in picking an outstaffing team to partner with.
In this post, we will give you a quick walk-through of how to choose an outstaffing agency and other tips. Read on before scouting for potential options!
What is outstaffing?
Outstaffing is when a company hires an external agency to provide them with workers for specific roles. In this case, the staffing agency is the employer of the workers and not the company they are working on.
In short, the company will get fully skilled and ready-to-work employees without administrative responsibilities.
The employees provide work, and the outstaffing agency handles their payroll, benefits, taxes, training, legal matters, and more.
The good thing about outstaffing is it allows companies to upgrade or downsize their workforce quickly. It also eliminates the burden of maintaining their own HR department.
Aside from that, outstaffing allows companies to fill positions many times faster than in-house recruitment. Another benefit is that outstaffing is available for virtually every industry, including IT, marketing, agriculture, retail, healthcare, manufacturing, and the list goes on.
What to consider when choosing an outstaffing agency
To ensure you’ll find the agency that matches your business, you must take your time with these considerations:
1. Industry specialization
Some agencies specialize in specific fields such as retail, healthcare, or IT outstaffing. It’s crucial to check if the agency you plan to contact has your industry on its list.
While some recruitment agencies are open to cater to new industries, they may not be as effective as those with experience in the niche you’re in.
You can also check the agency’s previous clients to know what kind of network they have. For example, if they have worked with several retail companies before, it’s solid proof that they have a vast network of retail workers ready to hop on the job.
Here at Help Resource, we work with a long list of industries, including retail, warehouse, utility, assembly line, agriculture, healthcare, human resources, and many more! If you want to know if we work in your field, you can schedule a free call with our specialist.
2. Type of staffing offered
You should check the outstaffing solutions the recruitment agency provides. It’s ideal to choose an agency that offers different staffing types, so they can advise about what works best for your business.
The following are the four main types of staffing that recruitment agencies like Help Resource offer:
• Full-time. Full-time outstaffing means workers provide at least 30 to 40 hours of work a week. They are eligible for retirement plans, health insurance, and other benefits. It’s the best option if you’re looking for long-term workers for your business.
• Part-time. If your business has fluctuating staffing needs, you should partner with an agency that offers part-time workers. Part-time workers are only committed to your company for a specific number of hours per week.
• Temporary (temp). Temporary staffing agencies are the best solution if you only need workers for a short period. Temp agencies are often tapped by businesses during peak seasons and holidays when their operations need extra hands. It’s also a great solution if the company doesn’t want to commit to long-term employment.
• Contract-based. Staffing agencies that offer contract-based workers are best for businesses that only need employees for short-term projects. In this case, the workers are only committed to the company for a predefined period.
3. Recruitment process
It’s crucial to evaluate the recruitment process of the staffing agency you’re planning to work with. This will ensure the quality of the candidates they are providing your business.
To start, you should only choose a staffing agency with a rigorous screening process. Remember that a reliable agency will not hesitate to walk you through their hiring steps.
Aside from that, you should consider the following:
• Time to hire. The main point of outstaffing is to speed up the hiring process compared to in-house recruitment. With this, the agency should provide you with competent workers as quickly as a few days
• Industry knowledge. Each industry requires a specialized recruitment approach. Always ask the staffing agency about their experience in your industry and how they plan to find the right people for your open positions.
• Cost efficiency. Hiring is often a costly process, but a skilled staffing agency can find top talents while minimizing overhead costs.
• Candidate quality. The best staffing agency will provide you with candidates with the qualifications, certifications, and experience you need. This is possible through a stringent assessment process.
• Communication. It’s crucial that the agency goes above and beyond to know your business and your recruitment needs. They should have a clear plan on how to keep you in the loop of the recruitment process.
Aside from finding the best talents to fill your job openings, the staffing agency should also provide post-recruitment support.
This way, you will be dispensed of any HR responsibilities while your business enjoys fully equipped workers.
Post-recruitment support will also ensure the longevity and retention of your employees, especially for full-time positions. This type of support includes but is not limited to the following:
• Onboarding and training
• Payroll and taxation
• Benefits management
• Performance assessment
• Career development
• Compliance with labor laws
• Employee relations/conflict resolution
• Offboarding support
If you want to free your business of all these administrative tasks, Help Resource is the agency to call. Our team is ready not just to provide workers but also to maintain your requested staff.
Feel free to request staffing and support anytime. Our HR experts are ready to answer your questions and inquiries.
When planning to outstaff, it’s best to look for an agency close to your business. This way, you’ll have the option to choose virtual or on-site services. It will also make meetings easier for you and the agency.
Aside from that, a local agency is well-versed in governing labor laws in your industry. This will increase compliance and prevent legal issues on your staff.
You’ll be assured that the agency understands the environment of your business. It will also allow them to find local workers within your location, translating to faster recruitment.
Above all, it’s easier to check a local agency’s reputation since clients are within your location. You can easily contact their previous clients for a first-hand assessment of their services.
In general, hiring outstaffing agencies is more cost-efficient than maintaining your own HR team. But to make sure that you’re getting the best value for your money, you must consider their rates and fees.
Always ask for a detailed breakdown of the costs to avoid hidden fees and excessive charges.
Remember that outstaffing should always be more affordable than in-house recruitment. If it’s not, then you probably need to scout for another agency.
7. Reputation and experience
An outstaffing agency’s experience and track record speak so much about its reputation. Consider looking for one that’s been in recruitment for many years and has worked in a wide range of industries.
Another way to gauge a staffing agency’s expertise is through client reviews. If possible, ask for case studies to see what results they can bring to your business.
Above all, make sure that your corporate values align with your choice of a staffing agency. This way, the agency will serve as an extension of your team and not just a third-party provider.
Lastly, look for an agency that offers flexibility in its staffing solutions. By choosing a versatile agency, you’re opting for sustainable and reliable staffing solutions.
First, the agency’s solutions must be customizable. This includes the level of engagement with your company and the list of services you want to avail of.
Aside from that, the agency should allow you to scale up or down your staffing anytime. This is much so if your business has fluctuating staffing needs. Also, this means that the staffing agency can keep up with the changing demands of your growing business.
Adaptable employees are also part of a flexible staffing agency. The candidates they provide must be ready to adjust to your business’ culture as fast as possible.
Looking for the best workers? We can help!
If you’re looking for a flexible and reliable outstaffing agency, look no further than Help Resource. Since 2009, we’ve been providing top talents to businesses across the United States. We specialize in staffing and full HR management for various industries and commercial fields.
With our outstaffing solutions, you will gain access to a vast network of highly skilled workers ready for onboarding. Partner with us, and we’ll source candidates for your business in as fast as 7 days.
Not convinced? Get our 1-week free and no-obligation trial to see for yourself! Our team will find employees that match your criteria fast so that you can focus on other business matters.
Request staffing today for uninterrupted business operations, increased profits, and long-term stability!