So, you’ve been scouring the internet for jobs, endlessly refreshing job boards, and perfecting your application game. But alas, you’ve come up short time and time again. What gives? Well, let’s face it – the job market is tough, and competition is fierce.
You spend hours upon hours trawling job sites, crafting the perfect cover letter, and tailoring your resume to the role, only to receive a canned response or worse, no response at all.
It’s enough to make you want to pull your hair out! But fear not, my dear reader, for I have the solution to your problems: a badass resume that will set you apart from the rest.
So, let’s dive into how you can write a resume in 7 easy steps.
Step 1: Get Rid of the Fluff
First things first, get rid of any unnecessary fluff. Potential employers don’t care that you’re a “hard worker” or a “team player”. That’s great and all, but everyone says that. Instead, focus on quantifiable achievements that demonstrate your skills and experience. For example, instead of saying “worked on a team to increase sales”, try “led a team of 5 to increase sales by 25% in Q1”.
Step 2: Tailor Your Resume to the Job
The key to a successful resume is to tailor it to the job you’re applying for. This doesn’t mean you have to completely re-write your resume for every job, but it does mean that you should highlight the skills and experience that are most relevant to the position. Take some time to read through the job description and use keywords and phrases that match your experience.
Step 3: Use a Professional Format
You might be tempted to get creative with your resume format, but unless you’re applying for a creative position, it’s best to stick to a professional format. Use a clean, easy-to-read font and make sure your formatting is consistent throughout. Keep in mind that many companies use applicant tracking systems (ATS) to scan resumes for keywords, so avoid using images or fancy graphics that might trip up the system.
Step 4: Highlight Your Achievements
Don’t just list your job duties – highlight your achievements. Employers want to see what you’ve accomplished, not just what you were responsible for. Use bullet points to describe your accomplishments in each position. Did you increase sales, save the company money, or streamline a process? Be specific and use numbers when possible.
Step 5: Keep it Concise
Your resume should be no more than two pages long. Potential employers don’t have time to read through a novel, so keep it concise and to the point. Stick to the most relevant information and use bullet points to break up text and make it easier to read.
Step 6: Include Relevant Certifications and Education
If you have relevant certifications or education, make sure to include them on your resume. This can help demonstrate your expertise and show that you’re dedicated to continuing your education and improving your skills. However, if you have a degree or certification that isn’t relevant to the position, you can leave it off.
Step 7: Don’t Forget the Details
Last but not least, don’t forget the details. Make sure your contact information is up to date and easy to find. Double-check your spelling and grammar, and have someone else review your resume for errors. It might seem like a small thing, but attention to detail can make a big difference.
So there you have it – 7 easy steps to writing a badass resume that will separate you from the crowd. Of course, there’s no magic formula for landing your dream job, but by following these tips and injecting a little bit of your own personality and cheekiness, you’ll be well on your way to success. Now get out there and show the world what you’re made of!
But before you do, you might want to know these, too…
8 Reasons Why Writing a Proper Resume Will Make You Stand Out
Are you tired of submitting the same generic resume as every other job applicant out there? Do you want to stand out from the competition and get your dream job? Well, look no further! With a standout resume, you can grab your potential employer’s Attention, Inspire Interest, Create Desire, and spur them into Action. Here are eight benefits of having a resume that stands out:
1. Attention: A standout resume will grab the hiring manager’s attention immediately. You’ll be the sparkly unicorn in a herd of plain old horses. Trust us, no one forgets a sparkly unicorn.
2. Interest: A standout resume will pique the hiring manager’s interest and make them want to learn more about you. They’ll be eager to see what you can bring to the table and will be impressed by your creative and unique approach to your resume.
3. Desire: With a standout resume, you’ll create a strong desire in the hiring manager to bring you in for an interview. They’ll be excited to meet the person behind the impressive resume and will be motivated to learn more about your qualifications and experience.
4. Unforgettable: A standout resume will make a lasting impression on the hiring manager. They’ll remember you as the candidate with the killer resume, and that’s the kind of impression that sticks.
5. Competitive Edge: A standout resume will set you apart from the competition and give you a competitive edge in the job market. You’ll stand out as a candidate who thinks outside the box and is willing to put in extra effort to land the job.
6. Confidence: With a standout resume, you’ll feel more confident going into your job search. You’ll know that you have a strong tool in your arsenal that will help you land the job you want.
7. Increased Job Offers: A standout resume can increase your chances of receiving job offers. Employers are more likely to extend an offer to a candidate who has impressed them with their resume and who they believe will be a valuable asset to their team.
8. Higher Salary (maybe): A standout resume can lead to a higher salary. If you impress the hiring manager with your unique approach and impressive qualifications, they may be willing to offer you a higher salary to secure your services.
Thus, a standout resume is a game-changer in the job market. So, put on your creative hat and get to work on that standout resume!
How to Write a Simple Resume that Sells Your Skills
As a job seeker, you know that your resume is one of the most important documents in your job search. It is your chance to show hiring managers what you can do and why you are the best candidate for the job. However, creating a professional resume that stands out from the crowd can be a daunting task.
A simple resume that sells your skills has several benefits, including:
- Grabbing the recruiter’s attention: A concise, easy-to-read resume will grab the recruiter’s attention and increase your chances of getting an interview.
- Highlighting your relevant experience: Using bullet points in the work experience section of your resume allows you to list your relevant experience in a clear and organized manner; not to mention, makes things easier to read. Like these bullet points.
- Emphasizing your skills: By including relevant skills bullet points, you can emphasize your skills and demonstrate how they relate to the job you are applying for.
- Saving the recruiter’s time: Recruiters have limited time to review resumes, so a simple resume that sells your skills can save them time and make their job easier.
- Showing your professionalism: A well-written, professional-looking resume that sells your skills can give a positive first impression of you as a candidate and increase your chances of getting hired.
Need Help Finding a Worthy Candidate?
Help Resource provides a valuable service for businesses in need of the right candidate for the job they require. By working with Help Resource, businesses can benefit from their extensive knowledge and experience in the industry. Some of the benefits of working with Help Resource include:
- Access to a large pool of qualified candidates.
- Assistance with the recruitment process from start to finish.
- Saving time and resources by not having to go through the hiring process alone.
So if your business is in need of skilled and competent workers, don’t hesitate to reach out to Help Resource. We’re here to help you find the best candidates for your team and ensure that your hiring process is as smooth and efficient as possible.
Let us take the stress out of finding the right employees so that you can focus on growing your business.